Interested in a Career in Construction or Building Trades?
Pre-apprenticeship programs provide a direct pathway for people from low-income communities -- including, but not limited to, formerly incarcerated individuals, people on public assistance, and residents of public housing -- to enter union apprentice programs, work on union construction projects in their own communities and, more importantly, secure lifelong middle-class careers in the unionized construction industry.
Graduates will get interviews with Building and Construction Trade Unions. This is the first step to not just landing a job, but to starting a career in the unionized construction field.
Information session will be held on Tuesday, July 17th at 6pm @ThePowerLab
THIS FREE CLASS WILL RUN FROM:
Monday, August 6, 2018 – Friday, September 7, 2018
8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday
- OSHA 30, Scaffold Safety and Flagger Certifications
- Visits to NYC Building and Construction Trades Training Facilities
- Interviews with NYC Building and Construction Trade Unions
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma
- Physical capacity for construction work—ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Commitment to attending all 20 days of class on time
To apply, bring the following information to the info session:
1) HS Diploma or GED/TASC
2) State ID
3) Social Security Card
45 Ludlow St
Yonkers, NY 10705
Google map and directions