Our Cadetz Program for local high school students is designed to train the next generation of community leaders and to build pipelines for Yonkers students into the colleges that we partner with. Cadetz are enrolled in year-round programming that builds leadership & civic engagement with the goal of providing students the skills necessary to improve their communities through executing projects in partnership with residents, community groups, government & local officials, and businesses. Program focus areas include college preparation, mentorship, advocacy, financial literacy, community organizing, entrepreneurship, digital media, and career exploration.
We are currently seeing incoming Junior & Senior applicants for our summer leadership academy (July 23rd-August 3rd) that will prepare a select group of High School students who will receive advanced training to be core leaders within the Cadetz Program.
- Students entering Junior & Senior year next Fall
- Students interested in Business & Entrepreneurship
- Students interested in Digital Media, Journalism, & the Arts
- Students interested in Advocacy & Activism
- Students interested in Technology
Students will receive:
- $120 Stipend upon Completion
- College Readiness Training
- Certificate of Completion
- Letter of Recommendation